10/100Base-TX to 100Base-FX Single Fiber Media converter D-Link DMC-920T
- This media converter combines transmit and receive signals onto one fiber strand using two wavelengths. This design avoids the budget losses incurred by the single-wavelength single-fiber technology, and minimizes the possibility of reflections in the system. The units on both ends of a link are different. One module uses one wavelength to transmit and a second wavelength to receive, while the other module flips that relationship. For this reason these units are used in pairs.
- A pair of one-channel single fiber is used for media conversion between 10/100BASE-TX and 100BASE-FX.
- Two different transmitting wavelengths, one wavelength with bi-directional for both transmit and receive.
- This media converter provides 1550 micron for TX, 1310 micron for RX.
- Fiber cable support is 9/125um, 10/125um single-mode fiber, maximum 20 km cable distance.