- High-speed, standards-based 802.11n wireless connectivity improves throughput and coverage, allowing employees to stay productive while away from their desks.
- Integrated 4-port 10/100 switch, enabling you to connect to computers, printers, IP phones, cameras, and other devices.
- Proven firewall with access rules support and advanced wireless security helps keep business assets safe.
- Quality of service (QoS) support for enhanced voice, video, and data traffic.
- Support for separate “virtual” networks, enabling you to control access to sensitive information and to set up highly secure wireless guest access.
- IP Security (IPsec) Site-to-Site Tunneling and Point-to-Point Tunneling Protocol (PPTP) VPN support, providing highly secure remote access connectivity for Windows and Mac OS computers.
- Support for IPv6, the latest Internet Protocol technology, to help your network accommodate new technologies.
- Simplified configuration through an intuitive, browser-based device manager.
- Support for the Cisco FindIT Network Discovery Utility.
Static routing Dynamic routing Routing Information Protocol (RIP) v1 and v2 Inter-VLAN routing
802.1Q-based VLANs 4 active VLANs (3 to 4094 range)
Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) server Point-to-Point Protocol over Ethernet (PPPoE) Point-to-Point Tunneling Protocol (PPTP) Layer 2 Tunneling Protocol (L2TP) DNS proxy DHCP relay agent IGMP Proxy and multicast forwarding Internet Group Management Protocol (IGMP) proxy and multicast forwarding Rapid Spanning Tree Protocol (RSTP) Dynamic DNS (DynDNS), TZO, 3322.org) Network Address Translation (NAT), Port Address Translation (PAT) Port management Port Mirroring Software-configurable network edge (DMZ) to any LAN IP address
Dual-stack IPv4 and IPv6 6 to 4 tunneling Multicast Listener Discovery (MLD) for IPv6 (RFC 2710) Stateless address auto-configuration DHCP v6 Server for IPv6 Clients on LAN DHCP v6 client for WAN connectivity Internet Control Message Protocol (ICMP) v6 Static IPv6 Routing Dynamic IPv6 Routing with RIPng IPv6 Rapid Deployment
Stateful packet inspection (SPI) firewall Port forwarding and triggering Firewall Access Control Lists and Content Filtering Denial-of-service (DoS) prevention MAC-based wireless access control Static URL blocking or keyword blocking Schedule-based Internet access policy HTTPS web access to the device manager Username/password complexity enforcement Self-signed SSL certificate Import and export certificate using Privacy-Enhanced Mail (PEM) format
5 IPsec client sessions using Cisco QuickVPN client 5 PPTP client sessions for remote client access Triple Data Encryption Standard (3DES) VPN pass-through of PPTP, L2TP, and IPsec 1 IPSec Site-to-Site tunnel
Quality of service (QoS)
802.1p port-based priority on LAN port, application-based priority on WAN port 4 queues Differentiated Services Code Pointsupport (DSCP) Class of Service (CoS) Bandwidth Management for service prioritization
Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) v3 Event logging: local, syslog, email alerts Firmware upgradable through web browser Imported/exported configuration in text format Simple browser-based configuration (HTTP/HTTPS) Bonjour and Universal Plug and Play (UPnP) Network diagnostics: Ping, Traceroute, and DNS Lookup