The Cisco SF302-08P 8-Port 10/100 PoE Managed Switch provides a reliable foundation for your business network. It delivers the features you need to improve the availability of your critical business applications, protect sensitive data and optimize network bandwidth to deliver information and applications more effectively. Setting up and the usage of the Cisco SF300-48P is a breeze and it provides the ideal combination of affordability and capabilities for small businesses and helps you create a more efficient, better-connected workforce.
The Cisco SF302-08P has the advanced security management capabilities and network features you need to support business-class data, voice, security and wireless technologies. At the same time, it is simple to deploy and configure, allowing you to take advantage of the managed network service your business requires.
Secure Desktop Connectivity
- The Cisco SF302-08P switch can simply and securely connect employees working in small offices with each other and with all of the servers, printers and other devices they use. High performance and reliable connectivity helps speed file transfers and data processing, improves network uptime and keeps your employees connected and productive.
Secure Wireless Connectivity
- The Cisco SF302-08P switch allows employees to work productively from conference rooms and common areas, collaborate in any office and access business applications from wherever they are. Gigabit Ethernet connectivity helps ensure that your employees have the bandwidth and performance they need to make the most of mobile productivity. And with embedded security, your employees can work with confidence, knowing that only authorized users can access applications and network devices.
- As a managed network solution, the Cisco SF302-08P switch provides the performance and advanced traffic-handling intelligence you need to deliver all communications and data over a single network. The Cisco SF302-08P is rigorously tested to help ensure easy integration and full compatibility with Cisco and other products, providing a complete small business solution.
Highly Secure Guest Connectivity
- The Cisco SF302-08P switch lets you extend highly secure network connectivity to guests in a variety of settings, such as a hotel, an office waiting room or any other area open to nonemployee users. Using powerful but easy-to-configure security and traffic segmentation capabilities, you can isolate your vital business traffic from guest services and keep guests' network sessions private from each other.
High Performance and Reliability
- The Cisco SF302-08P Switch is rigorously tested to deliver the high availability and performance you expect from a Cisco switch. The solution speeds up file transfer times and improves slow, sluggish networks, while keeping your vital business applications available and preventing costly downtime. As a managed switching solution, the Cisco SF302-08P also gives you the flexibility to manage and prioritize high-bandwidth traffic such as voice. That means you can empower your employees with state-of-the-art communication and productivity solutions, without draining the performance of your other business applications.
Fast, Easy Setup and Configuration
- The Cisco SF302-08P switch is designed to be easy to use and managed by small businesses and the partners who serve them. The included device manager software provides an intuitive, web-based interface to simplify setup, security and quality of service (QoS) traffic prioritization, allowing even users without IT expertise to configure the switch in minutes. It also provides a Cisco FindIT Network Discovery Utility. This utility works through a simple toolbar on the user's web browser to discover Cisco devices in the network and display basic information, such as serial numbers and IP addresses, to aid in the configuration and deployment of Cisco Small Business products. The Cisco SF302-08P switch uses Cisco Discovery Protocol as well as Link Layer Discovery Protocol (LLDP-MED) to automatically detect all the devices connected to your network and then automatically configure themselves for the appropriate connectivity and instructs the devices to use appropriate voice VLAN or QoS parameters. For more advanced capabilities and hands-on control, the switch supports Smartport roles which configure the ports with specific levels of Security, QoS and availability according to the type of connected device, based on Cisco best practices and pretested configurations. The Auto Smartports feature applies the intelligence delivered through the Smartport roles and applies it automatically to the port based on the devices discovered over CDP or LLDP-MED. This facilitates zero touch deployments. Although the Cisco SF302-08P is designed to be deployed without using a command-line interface, Cisco Textview is available for those who prefer to use text-based configuration. Together, these features reduce the time your staff must devote to network deployment, management and troubleshooting.
- The Cisco SF302-08P switch provides a high level of security and gives you fine-grained control to safeguard your network from unauthorized users. It's advanced security features include: - Embedded security to protect management data traveling to and from the switch and encrypt network communications. - Extensive access control lists to restrict sensitive portions of the network from unauthorized users and guard against network attacks. - Guest virtual LANs to let you provide Internet connectivity to nonemployee users while isolating critical business services from guest traffic. - Support for advanced network security applications such as IEEE 802.1X port security to tightly limit access to specific segments of your network. - Security mechanisms such as, Bridge Protocol Data Unit Guard and broadcast/multicast/unknown unicast storm control, protect the network from invalid configurations or malicious intent. - Secure Core Technology helps ensure that the switch will receive and process management and protocol traffic no matter how much traffic is received.
Power over Ethernet
- The Cisco SF302-08P switch features 8 PoE ports of Fast Ethernet. This capability simplifies advanced technology deployments such as IP telephony, wireless and IP surveillance by allowing you to connect and power network endpoints over a single Ethernet cable. With no need to install separate power supplies for IP phones or wireless access points, you can take advantage of advanced communications technologies more quickly and at a lower cost.
IP Telephony Support
- The Cisco SF302-08P switch includes embedded QoS intelligence to prioritize delay-sensitive services such as voice and video, simplify unified communications deployments and help ensure consistent network performance for all services. For example, automated voice VLAN capabilities let you plug any IP phone (including third-party phones) into your IP telephony network and receive an immediate dial tone. The switch automatically configures the device with the right VLAN and QoS parameters to prioritize voice traffic.
Optimal Energy Efficiency
- The Cisco SF302-08P 'green' switch designed with power-saving features optimizes power use to protect the environment and reduces energy costs, without compromising performance. Power-saving features include: - The latest application-specific integrated circuits, using low-power 65-nanometer technology (these chipsets allow for lower power consumption and thinner, more efficient designs). - Automatic power shutoff on PoE ports when a link is down. - Embedded intelligence to adjust signal strength based on cable length. - Fanless design which reduces power consumption, increases reliability and provides quieter operation.
- The Cisco SF302-08P switch offers mini gigabit interface converter (mini-GBIC) expansion slots that give you the option to add fiber-optic or Gigabit Ethernet uplink connectivity to the switch. With the ability to increase the connectivity range of the switch, you have more flexibility to design your network around your unique business environment and to easily connect switch on different floors or across the business.
Capacity in Mpps (64-byte packets): 4.17
Switching Capacity in Gbps: 5.6
Layer 2 Switching
Spanning Tree Protocol: Standard 802.1d Spanning Tree support
Fast convergence using 802.1w (Rapid Spanning Tree), enabled by default
Multiple Spanning Tree instances using 802.1s
Port Grouping: Support for IEEE 802.3ad Link Aggregation Control Protocol
- Up to 8 groups
- Up to 8 ports per group with 16 candidate ports for each (dynamic) 802.3ad link aggregation
VLAN: Support for up to 256 VLANs simultaneously (out of 4096 VLAN IDs)
Port-based and 802.1Q tag-based VLANs
Private VLAN Edge, also known as protected ports, with multiple uplinks
Voice VLAN: Voice traffic is automatically assigned to a voice-specific VLAN and treated with appropriate levels of QoS
Q-in-Q VLAN: VLANs transparently cross a service provider network while isolating traffic among customers
Generic VLAN Registration Protocol/Generic Attribute Registration Protocol: Protocols for automatically propagating and configuring VLANs in a bridged domain
Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol Relay at Layer 2: Relay of DHCP traffic to DHCP server in different VLAN. Works with DHCP Option 82
Internet Group Management Protocol Versions 1, 2 and 3 snooping: IGMP limits bandwidth-intensive multicast traffic to only the requesters; supports 256 multicast groups (source-specific multicasting is also supported)
IGMP Querier: IGMP querier is used to support a Layer 2 multicast domain of snooping switches in the absence of a multicast router
Head-of-Line (HOL) Blocking: HOL blocking prevention
IPv4 Routing: Wirespeed routing of IPv4 packets
Up to 32 static routes and up to 32 IP interfaces
Classless Inter-Domain Routing: Support for CIDR
DHCP Relay at Layer 3: Relay of DHCP traffic across IP domains
User Datagram Protocol Relay: Relay of broadcast information across Layer 3 domains for application discovery or relaying of BootP/DHCP packets
Secure Shell Protocol: SSH secures Telnet traffic to and from the switch; SSH v1 and v2 are supported
Secure Sockets Layer: SSL support: Encrypts all HTTPS traffic, allowing highly secure access to the browser-based management GUI in the switch
IEEE 802.1X (Authenticator role): RADIUS authentication and accounting, MD5 hash; guest VLAN; unauthenticated VLAN, single/multiple host mode and single/multiple sessions
Supports time-based 802.1X
Dynamic VLAN assignment
STP Bridge Protocol Data Unit Guard: A security mechanism to protect the network from invalid configurations.
A port enabled for BPDU Guard is shut down if a BPDU message is received on that port
Secure Core Technology: Ensures that the switch will receive and process management and protocol traffic no matter how much traffic is received
Layer 3 Isolation: Allow/disallow routing between IP subnets or directly connected IP networks
Layer 2 Isolation Private VLAN Edge (PVE) with community VLAN: PVE (also known as protected ports) provides Layer 2 isolation between devices in the same VLAN, supports multiple uplinks
Port Security: Locks MAC addresses to ports, and limits the number of learned MAC addresses
RADIUS/TACACS+: Supports RADIUS and TACACS authentication. Switch functions as a client
Storm Control: Broadcast, multicast and unknown unicast
DoS Prevention: DoS attack prevention
Congestion Avoidance: A TCP congestion avoidance algorithm is required to minimize and prevent global TCP loss synchronization.
ACLs: Support for up to 512 rules
Drop or rate limit based on source and destination MAC, VLAN ID or IP address, protocol, port, differentiated services code point/IP precedence, TCP/ UDP source and destination ports, 802.1p priority, Ethernet type, Internet Control Message Protocol packets, IGMP packets, TCP flag
Quality of Service
Priority Levels: 4 hardware queues
Scheduling: Strict priority and weighted round-robin
Queue assignment based on DSCP and class of service (802.1p/CoS)
Class of Service: Port based; 802.1p VLAN priority based; IPv4/v6 IP precedence/type of service/DSCP based; Differentiated Services (DiffServ); classification and re-marking ACLs, trusted QoS
Rate Limiting: Ingress policer; egress shaping and rate control; per VLAN, per port and flow based
IPv6: IPv6 host mode
IPv6 over Ethernet
Dual IPv6/IPv4 stack
IPv6 neighbor and router discovery
IPv6 stateless address auto-configuration
Path maximum transmission unit discovery
Duplicate address detection
ICMP version 6
IPv6 over IPv4 network with Intra-Site Automatic Tunnel Addressing Protocol support
IPv6 QoS: Prioritize IPv6 packets in hardware
IPv6 ACL: Drop or rate limit IPv6 packets in hardware
Multicast Listener Discovery Snooping: Deliver IPv6 multicast packets only to the required receivers
IPv6 Applications: Web/SSL, Telnet server/SSH, ping, traceroute, Simple Network Time Protocol, Trivial File Transfer Protocol, SNMP, RADIUS, syslog, DNS client, protocol-based VLANs
IPv6 RFCs Supported: RFC 2463 - ICMP version 6
Energy Detect: Automatically turns off power off on Gigabit Ethernet RJ-45 port when detecting link down
Active mode is resumed without loss of any packets when the switch detects the link up
Cable Length Detection: Adjusts the signal strength based on the cable length. Reduces the power consumption for cables shorter than 10 m
Jumbo Frames: Frame sizes up to 10 KB supported on 10/100 and Gigabit interfaces
MAC Table: Up to 8000 MAC addresses
Power Over Ethernet
Power Dedicated to PoE: 62W
Number of Ports That Support PoE: 8
Power Savings Mode: Energy Detect
Power Consumption Worst Case: 110V=75.3W
Heat Dissipation (BTU/hr): 258.3
Total System Ports: 8 Fast Ethernet + 2 Gigabit Ethernet