HP 5500-24G-SFP HI Switch with 2 Interface Slots JG543A
- The HP 5500 HI Switch Series delivers outstanding resiliency, security, and multiservice support at the edge layer of large campus and branch networks. The HP 5500 HI has a robust feature set supporting 1440 W PoE+, fixed and modular 10GbE, 9 chassis IRF stacking, Static & RIP Routing, OSPF, MPLS, ACLs, IPv6, and Energy Efficient Ethernet.
- The HP 5500 HI Switch Series offers advanced technologies including OAM, CFD, Multilevel Quality of Service (QoS), MPLS, and VPLS and can be managed with the HP Intelligent Management Center (IMC) for a single view of your entire network.
Highly Resilient, More Secure and Scalability
- The HP 5500 HI Switch Series delivers outstanding resiliency, security, and multiservice support capabilities at the edge layer of data center and large campus networks. Advanced technologies include OAM, CFD, RRPP, BFD, Multi-level QoS, MPLS, and VPLS.
- Offers scalable stacking with fixed or modular 10GbE uplinks (SFP+ and 10GBASE-T) and up to 1440 W of PoE+ power with dual redundant hot-swappable power supplies for growth and reliability.
- The HP Intelligent Resilient Fabric (IRF) virtualizes up to nine physical switches into one logical device for simpler, flatter, more agile networks. The 5500 HI has IPv6 support and fully featured L3 functionality, including RIP, OSPF, ISIS, BGP, and PIM.
- Includes software-defined network (SDN) capabilities with OpenFlow 1.3 support for future proofing your network.
Powerful Performance with Higher Levels of Security
- The 5500 HI Switch Series provides higher levels of security with hardware-based, wire-speed access control lists (ACLs).
- Non-blocking architecture delivers up to 224 Gbps of wire-speed switching with a non-blocking switching fabric and up to 167 Mpps throughput.
Robust Quality of Service (QoS)
- The HP 5500 HI Switch Series supports advanced classifier-based QoS which directs traffic using multiple match criteria based on Layer 2, 3, and 4 information. It applies QoS policies such as setting priority level and rate limit to selected traffic on a port, VLAN, or whole switch.
- Creates traffic classes based on ACLs, IEEE 802.1p precedence, IP, and DSCP or Type of Service (ToS) precedence. Supports filter, redirect, mirror, or remark tasks.
- Get extensive traffic prioritization with congestion actions: strict priority (SP) queuing, weighted round robin (WRR), weighted fair queuing (WFQ), weighted random early discard (WRED), weighted deficit round robin (WDRR), SP+WDRR, and SP+WFQ.
Comprehensive Security Control and a Single View of the Network
- The HP 5500 HI Switch Series supports flexible authentication methods including 802.1X, and MAC and Web for greater policy-driven application security.
- This Series offers identity-driven security and access control with automatic VLAN assignment. Per-user ACLs allow access to specific network services without risking network security. Security features include: IP source guard, DHCPv6 snooping, STP BPDU port protection, RADIUS/HWTACACS, and SSL.
- Can be seamlessly managed with HP Intelligent Management Center (IMC) to provide end-to-end network transparency with consistent network experience through comprehensive configuration, compliance and policy management.
- RMON and sFlow provide advanced monitoring and reporting capabilities for statistics, history, alarms, and events.
Layer 3 switch with 24 GbE SFP slots
4 10/100/1000 ports and 2 10GbE SFP + slots
2 expansion module slots
supports Intelligent Resilient Framework (IRF) virtual fabric and dual power supplies
24 fixed Gigabit Ethernet SFP ports
4 RJ45 autosensing 10/100/1000 ports
2 SFP + 10GbE ports
2 port expansion module slots
Supports a maximum of 12 autosensing 10/100/1000 ports, with optional module